Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry, Merry Christmas!


I have a feeling this may be our last "laid back" Christmas. And I use that term loosely, as holidays are never laid back around here. Laurie really didn't catch on to the opening presents thing, we just couldn't get her interested. Watching the commotion from all our relatives with children, gave us a little peek into what is to come in the next few years.
Will and I had a leisurely morning, we got up and dressed before Laurie awoke, had some sausage balls and banana bread for breakfast. Laurie had her usual oatmeal. Then it was time for our gifts! I tried so hard to get Laurie to open her gifts, but she wouldn't bite. There is actually still a wrapped gift for her under the tree. Maybe it will wait till her birthday.




After we had our own little Christmas, we dashed into the car to speed off to see Will's family and all their children. Meg may have slept through the eve festivities, but Laurie snoozed right through the gift opening today. That's ok, then all the attention was on her when we finally opened her gifts!



Our Barbour noggin is just a little big for Laurie's little santa cap, but what a cute little stinker we are!


After Christmas with Will's family, we rushed off to see mine. Grandmother hosts a party Christmas night every year, there were a lot of people and a lot of noise. We didn't last long, but I was proud to show Laurie off to everyone.



This activity center from Bebe and Latta was a big hit. Laurie loves the telephone and peekaboo door. I thought she would love the walker, but we may need a few more weeks to get that down pat



It was nice to have lots of toys to keep Laurie occupied for the car ride.


Dada just wants to sleep off the holidays now.

1 comment:

Charles said...

In a few years when Laurie and little Latta are adding to the "commotion", you'll understand how wonderful your relatives really are. And yes, you were being nice describing it as just "commotion".

Cb.