Sunday, December 21, 2008

On The Mend

At least I think we are on the mend. Praise God for His faithfulness. This was a very long week. At Laurie's nine month check up, she weighed 17.12 lbs. Now at almost 11 months and surely many pounds bigger, we went back to see the doctor on Thursday and she is 17.2. I can tell a marked loss in weight. Her little neck folds are gone, and I can see her ribs and shoulder blades. She wandered off that first night, when we went to check on her, she was curled up on her floor asleep. Sweet baby put herself to bed.

I think Wednesday was her lowest day. But on Thursday morning, I really thought she was perking up. On Friday, she showed an interest in eating again. Maybe too much interest, and permissive parent that I am, I let her cram her face with bread and potato and chug a whole cup of water. Which promptly all came back up. Saturday, I was much harsher and whine as she may, I really monitored her intake and everything stayed down!!! I think we are well again!!! We had oatmeal and apples for breakfast! She smiled! And is babbling up a storm! Praise God!

Our house was not very exciting this holiday season, but there were a few bright spots. I don't care how bad you feel, it is still necessary to empty your diaper bag and drag it around the house.







Nobody like Jo. After not uttering more than a whine all week, Josie was the first to get a giggle out of Laurie. We love Josie. That girl has earned herself a duck hunt, Daddy.



No comments: