Sunday, December 21, 2008

Visit with Santa

I am not totally sold on the idea of "Santa" but I did want to be sure to get a photo of Laurie with Santa for her very first Christmas. * Due to our recent illness, those plans have run awry. Tonight, we attended the Barbour family Christmas party Marsha and Haley host, so I knew we had one final chance to see him this year. I hear from many parents with young children, that seeing Santa usually goes very poorly, so when I placed her on his lap, I was prepared for the worst. Even before I handed her over, Santa said, take it quick, this never goes well. I have no idea if she were afraid or not, but her eyes were glued to the odd man in red with the bushy white beard. No amount of calling her name would get her to look away. We have many pictures that look exactly like this.







* This in no way implies that Santa is not very real and attest to the fact that he does hand out toys to children each and every year.

No comments: