Tuesday, August 20, 2013

New Digs

With the pending arrival of Baby Boy Barbour, we had to kick Anna Fair out of the nursery to make a little room for him.  I wanted to make a big deal of it, decorate it up, bring in a few new things, ya know, live it up.  The girls were really excited to room together and gave their new decor a big eh.  So much for all our hard work.  But I think it turned out really cute and they still have lots of room to play.

I love the giant bed pillows.  We already painted the room green about 2 years ago.  With moving things in, things out, things around, a lot of our art work is now really oddly placed.  But I'm having a very hard time making more nail holes in a room I worked so hard to paint.  The ballerina print came from Stewart, the camellia prints from Aunt Jane and I painted the Walter Anderson.  And Uncle Bob made the white chest.  The beds were Wills and his grandfather Charles little boy beds.  And the big chest came from Aunt Alice.
 We kept the dress up corner and moved the art work wall to the closet doors.  I'm so glad we did with all the fabulous work we have coming home from Kindergarten and PK-3!   The heart shaped bowl on the dresser came from my great-great grandmother.  My great aunt Jane painted the plates on the wall.  The doll house was mine.  And their father bought them the goldfish.  It makes my heart happy to go in there and see so many things from so many who loved us so much.

No comments: