Today was a big day for us, Laurie's first day of Kindergarten at FPDS! She's been really excited about it, and happy to get back to school and see all her friends. We had a special pastry breakfast this morn, donned our new uniform, grabbed our beautiful school bag and headed off for a new adventure!
Laurie was really nervous to look around and see so many unfamiliar faces, but we found a few we knew and she quietly asked, "Can I play with you?" and dear Leigh piped back, "Sure!" and away we went. (I will admit that I held it together until I reached the safety of my car, called Will and tearfully told him how drop off went.)
It must have been a good day, she was all smiles at pick up, she told me all about the rules, and seeing the principal if you get in trouble, the book corner, and her new friends Lilly and Lilly. Then we met friends at Brents for lunch and milkshakes, what a great day!
I tried to talk everybody into naps when we got home, but I think Momma was the only one that actually fell asleep.



No comments:
Post a Comment