Monday, July 29, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - II

We are careening toward the finish line of this pregnancy.   I am thrilled to meet this fella, wanting relief, but sad to see it end knowing this is our last baby.  So here are a few more thoughts on pregnancy 

12.  We cruised straight through the second trimester.  It was such a honeymoon after all the illness from the first 10 weeks, those next 10 fly by.  The appetite returns and people start to suspect you are pregnant and not just chubby.
13.  I love a sonogram.  Seeing him move around and feel him at the same time is a thrill.
14.  Observing the girls feel him move.  They love to lay their heads on my tummy and then giggle when he kicks them in the face.
15.  The girls asking if they can snuggle with the baby.  aka, hug my tummy.
16.  This boy is way more active than either of the girls ever were.  Excuse me, but my ribs are not a spring board.
17.  I am getting up at least once a night to use the restroom.  And often can't get back to sleep.
18.  Back aches.
19.  Waiting in the doctor's office.
20.  It's been nice to be pregnant during the summer, no busy schedules to keep.  Slow days, lots of pool time.  Floating in a cool pool is quite relaxing.
21.  Ditto on all the fresh food.  I can't eat much heavy food, so all the fruits and veggies in season is wonderful to my taste buds   I may go eat watermelon right now.
22.  Heart burn.  Fruit flavored Tums is my dessert of choice.  I actually yelled at Will when I caught him getting in my stash.
23.  I had my first maternity massage.  It was D-Lightful.
24.  When we had Laurie, we were scared and unsure.  With Anna Fair, we were overwhelmed with a toddler and a newborn and just happy to survive each day.  With this last baby, having 5 1/2 years experience under our belts and 2 big sisters eager to help, I am looking forward to actually savoring this time.
25.  The girls telling strangers in Walmart, "there is a baby in Mommy's tummy."
26.  Short of breath and light headed.
27.  The bizarre feeling that he will "fall out"
28.  Random strangers commenting on how huge I look.  Thanks.

No comments: