Friday, July 26, 2013

Exploring the Creek

With our due date bearing down on one side and school careening in from the other, we've been frantically trying to squeeze in as much as we can in our remaining weeks.  There is so much to do in Yazoo City and we love visiting.  Laurie was most insistent on this trip that we walk in the crik so she can "make discoveries" and "explore science."  I think we watch to much Sid the Science Kid.  And explore we did: bones, petrified wood, frogs, minnows, and animal tracks, oh my!  Laurie kicked off her shoes, as they were slowing her down, and took off running through the muddy/clay creek.  Anna Fair, who I usually consider my mini me, I am embarrassed to say, was horrified for any mud to touch her precious skin and cried to daddy, "I want to be clean again."  




No comments: