Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

You may be wondering where on earth we've been for the last month.  We are having our third child.  It's official.  Due mid-September.  Between morning sickness, bouts with flu and then stomach bug, we've been down and out.  But April is a new month and we are rallying!  I've been doing a lot of thing during this last pregnancy, trying to enjoy every moment, the wonderful and the not so wonderful.  So, here is what I want to remember.


1.  The shock of seeing those 2 lines on that little stick.  I actually dug it out of the trash to verify it was actually true.
2.  Laurie was far to young to have a clue when we were pregnant with Anna Fair, but these two girls have been overjoyed at being big sisters.
3.  Hearing that sweet wush, wush of the baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office.
4.  Being told I am a high risk pregnancy because I'm so old.
5.  Sleep.  I have never slept so well.  I am a bit of an insomniac and never sleep well, it's been with great joy that I go to bed now, knowing I'll be asleep before my head hits the pillow.
6.  Morning sickness.  Everyone talks about morning sickness, but no one talks about all the other digestive woahs of moms to be.  I think my digestive system hates me.  They should bottle this stuff and sell it, we'd all me model thin.
7.  Don't get sick while pregnant.  They'll still charge you $100 to tell you you're sick and then send you home with Tylenol.
8.  Movement.  Whether it's tiny little butterflies or giant kicks, I crave every little movement I feel.
9.  The announcement.  Such fun to share your big news with everyone.  And please, if you've already heard, just act surprised.
10. Pulling out those teeny tiny baby clothes and knowing you'll soon have another little one to fill them with.
11. Oh, and it's a boy this time.  What a shock, we just knew it would be a girl.

No comments: