Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back To School Round Up

Monday night was Back to School Night at Laurie's school. I was so excited to see her room, talk to her teachers, watch her play with her classmates, see her play in this space that is out of my control (on Tues/Thurs). Unfortunately, Laurie was still nursing a little hangover from the weekend and was refusing to wake up from her nap. We had to drag her kicking and screaming out the door, to the car, and into her school. She could have cared less about her teachers, friends, or toys.

Though apparently on the way in, she had spied the cakewalk and was repeating, "Want Cupcake!" as her mantra. Sigh, what do you do? Aunt Lala was gracious to share a cupcake with Laurie, I told her she had to ask nicely. "Please, Aunt Lala, please may I please, have a cupcake, please, please?" Overkill never hurts in a situation like this. She immediately perked up and we could visibly see the sugar pumping life back into her vacant eyes.

On to face painting, train riding, and jumpy land! Laurie was a little hesitant about climbing up this tall slide. It took her ages to make it to the top the first round and about 5 seconds after that. Sweet cousin Charlie was helping her. He was so patiently (dragging) coaxing her up.






















Then, once at the top (not so) sweet Uncle Charles shouted up, "Charlie, just push her down!"
















And he did! Can we talk about how wide her eyes are? I just knew that would be it, but she went back up again and again and again.




































































It can be hard to take a good shot in a jumpy land at a moving target, through thick black netting. But I thought it was pretty funny how full on hard Laurie was enjoying herself.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, dear! I hope Charles and Charlie didn't scar the poor child! I am hoping she remembers the cupcake part when she thinks of Back to School Night. :)