Friday, February 26, 2010

What We Are Up To

We went to the Doctor for our 4 month and 2 year check ups. If Daddy hadn't come, I don't know that I could have made it on my own. Laurie has gotten quite savvy about what happens at the doctor's office. She was happy when we got there, happy to play with another little girl in the waiting room, happy to play in the exam room, but the minute they tried to examine her, she went nuts. Take my shoes off? NO! Weighed? NO! Measured? NO! Finger prick, shot? Ok, so I don't blame her for that. The poor nurse gave up on her blood pressure, I am not sure Dr P really got to look in her ears either. I don't buy that it's accurate, but she weighed in at 29 lbs and 5 oz and 2 feet 9 in and a 49.5 cm noggin. Anna Fair was preciously perfect and her stats are 13 lbs and 6 oz and 24.5 inches long.

Anna Fair is coming into her own and finally living up to that wild hair. She laughs and smiles so readily now. And is still guaranteed to get us up at least once during the night.




























I remember the days when Laurie was this excited to see us when she awoke. What a sweet, sweet greeting.




I have really underestimated how much Laurie can learn. It never occurred to me to work on her numbers with her, then out of the blue, she started reciting them. I think she may have learned them from watching The Godfather though: 1, 3, 4, 6, 7...but still.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hey Nicki-I took both kids once to our pediatrician and after someone asked me how it went and I honestly could not remember anything--it was such a crazy blur! Anna Fair is beautiful and what a fun personality she seems to have! We need to get Laurie and Aubrey together to play sometime.

Amanda O. said...

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday....