Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break: Natchez Style

I was thrilled to see Laurie fit into one of my old pilgrimage dresses. It is in pretty bad shape, but after I do a little magic, I think it'll be perfect.























And Anna Fair fit in another.























This little stinker would not snuggle with me for nothing. But, apparently, if you give her enough powdered doughnuts...























She is yours for life. Makes me so mad.
















I was thrilled for Laurie to dance in the Little Maypole just as I did when I was a child. I wasn't able to get any pictures of her actually dancing, just watching the Big Maypole. It's ok, we'll just have to go again. :) Laurie had a grand time. Back stage, there were lots of pretty girls in pretty costumes, Laurie repeatedly told me in awe, "Look, momma, at all the princesses!" (she's on the top row, far right)
















I love how she is racing off the stage. The other girls were sweetly skipping, arms held gracefully to their sides. We may need to take ballet lessons or some such.
















And we helped host tourists at Grandma Betty's house too. We did very little hosting, we mainly looked cute and got into trouble.
















Here's what Anna Fair thought about her hoop skirt. We didn't last long at Routhland.

















So sweet.















Even sweeter.