Saturday, January 22, 2011

It's a Zoo in Here!

Laurie is turning three on Sunday, we hosted all her friends at our house Friday. When she awoke, the house had been transformed and she wailed all morning wondering when her friends would arrive and her party begin.

It was such a fun day, lots of chaos, lots of laughter, lots of mess! We decided on a zoo themed party, with a few animal party games. First up, coloring a lion and decorating treat bags. I noticed very little coloring and no decorating. Next, Duck Pond: pick a duck, get a prize; easy right? I noticed all the ducks disappeared from the duck pond. Then, Ring of Fire, throw an animal through the ring, get a prize. It worked better, especially when the players stood right at the box and handed the animal through. Good stuff. Finally, take a ride on our favorite pony, Mo Glo. We love Mo Glo, she is the sweetest pony. The less adventurous crowd took a ride on Bebe's lifesize tiger or practiced punching the blow up horse.

Pandemonium ensued, cupcakes consumed and all left with full treat bags. I guess I underestimated the under 3 crowd's ability to play games, but I am a roll with the punches kind of gal and was happy to watch them play with the swing set or cook in the kitchen. Laurie had a blast and that was all I wanted.

The day ended with a play date at Aunt Fair's house while Will and I went out to dinner. I had first thought we would be to tired to go out, but when evening came, I was so glad to not tend to any short people and Will and I had a great time toasting a successful and, most importantly, over day!











No comments: