Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of School

For the last week, we've been talking to Laurie about starting her new school. She has been very excited. Though she had me a little worried when she started talking about Ms Sherry and Ms Pat (her teachers from last year) and Meg (who is not in our class). Oh boy. But I needn't have worried. Miss Independent walked right in, made herself at home, joined a tea party, and said, "bye bye, momma!"

Anna Fair and I had a grand time at home alone. We played with all Laurie's toys, had a chat about our teeth, and took a tiny nap. It was a half day today, so before the day began, it was time to pick her up again. She came out with a huge grin on her face and told me she played with Alex and Jetson. We can't wait till next week!

She is saying "school" here.



1 comment:

odomfamilyfun said...

I loved getting to spend a little time with her today! She did great & seemed to be having a ball :)