Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baking with Betty Crocker

Laurie loves to cook with me. And I love the company. We recently had some new neighbors move in next door and wanted to bring them a little cake. Laurie squealed with delight, "birthday cake!" she sat diligently on her stool and picked up every measuring cup and whisk I used to work on her own pot, the Pam top. With nap time quickly nearing, I promised the cake would be ready when she woke up. Laurie would have nothing of it, but to put her cake in the oven too. When she awoke from her nap, she mumbled, "Laurie birthday cake," before stumbling towards her kitchen. I was curious what her reaction would be to her baked cake, in a new dish to boot. But she acted like all was as expected and quickly munched down. I love my little cooking buddy!
























No comments: