Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Battle of Wills

Laurie is really, REALLY opinionated about what she will and won't wear. Only white socks, no colors. These shoes, not those. Hair bow, no hair bow. Yesterday, she broke down when I wouldn't let her wear her church dress all day.















Today, for our first outfit, she didn't like the collar and kept pulling at it and shouting "OFF!" For our next ensemble, a precious knit jumper that we have worn happily before. Today, the tiny knit dots were bothersome. After repeatedly yanking at them, I decided it was time for another change rather than ruin the jumper. The third dress is a little polka dot I made. Whew, victory. That is until we play in the back yard and are filthy in 30 seconds, playing in turns with the potting soil and Josie's water bowl. We haven't put on a fourth yet, I call uncle.












No comments: