Wednesday, October 15, 2008

She Has It In For Me

Yesterday for lunch, Will and I had tacos and black beans. I always let Laurie try some of what I am eating and she was lapping it up. So, being the wonderful mother that I am, I took some beans and hamburger and steamed and mashed it to be sure it was soft and a good consistency for her. We set up for dinner time and I just knew she would have a yummy dinner! To say she hated it, is an understatement. I am sitting there, staring in disbelief at this screaming child, crocodile tears streaming down her cheeks, mouth wide open so her unchewed food can dribble out of her mouth and down her chin. Seriously? You loved it at lunch! Did you only want it when I was eating it?

We are no longer friends. Daddy finished dinner and got her ready for bed.

But just in case you think she was scarred for life, here Laurie is in her favored jumparoo (as opposed to unfavored doorway jumparoo) later last night.

No comments: