Saturday, November 16, 2013

Halloween Activities

I realized I never mentioned all the fun fall activities we have been enjoying.  I guess things have been slipping for me lately.  

Park after Dark at the Science Museum is a hoot.  We get a laugh at the museum all decked out for Halloween.  And the reptile exhibit fits right in with a spooky Halloween.





 Fall Festival at the Ag Museum.  We could watch the miniature trains going round and round for hours.



 They recently renovated the antique carousel and it is gorgeous now.  The horses are so pretty and vibrant.  I'm so glad they did this!

 Decorating our pumpkins with stickers and paint.


 We picked out the biggest pumpkin we could find at the store to carve up.  Since we have our professional pumpkin carving kit, we went all out on our design, drawing a surprised face this year.   Apparently, picking a big pumpkin comes with a thick shell that our knife couldn't cut through.  Poor Daddy, he had to do it with a regular knife and he worked at if for a good hour.  We have such a good daddy.


 Halloween was rained out this year, but Ladybug Girl and Ocean Princess still got out the next night and enjoyed walking with our neighbors.  I'm so glad ours are young enough to not realize we only walked 1 street, then headed home for the mommas to have a drink while the kids handed out candy.


No comments: