Thursday, June 24, 2010

Big Girl

Our girl is growing up faster than I care to think about.

First up, big girl bed: Will and I were not ready for Laurie to leave her crib. But she was able to get in and out of her cheap, rickety, poorly put together crib at will, so...it was pretty much time.

It has been something of a success. We were worried she would be wondering the house at all hours of the night, but I guess we already fought that battle when she was getting out of the crib. Course, we have had problems. Her room is a wreck in the morning and post nap.



















And sometimes you find her not in her bed at all.















Next, big girl britches: Not nearly as successful. I have no idea what made me think it was time to potty train. No idea at all. And whatever it was, I want to take it back, I sincerely apologize. I think I was just curious to see if she were ready. Which she's not. Generally, when I ask her to sit on the potty, she tells me it's taking a nap. Hmm, huh.

I feel like tt has touched every square inch of our house. And why would I even want to potty train her? (well, other than the financial benefits) Diapers don't bother me and neither of my girls have ever been inside a public restroom. Again, why? Back to diapers it is!













No comments: