Friday, May 28, 2010

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Our precious two year old is nothing if not opinionated. She dances to her own drum of independence and doesn't really care if everyone else is playing the flute. It really is a cool trait to have. But...

I have been trying for months to talk Laurie into wearing Pig Tails, to no avail. I have myself worn them and waxed on how pretty momma's hair is in pig tails, with no luck (yeah, like you really think I am posting pictures of me wearing them?). Pointed out when little girls have them on TV, our friends wear them, cousin Meg has pig tails. Always with an adamant NO. I have snuck them in her hair when she was distracted only to see her pull them out immediately.

So, we were sitting at home on a Friday night, when low and behold, Laurie finds a rubber band and brings it to Daddy and requests, "Pig Tails?" After I picked my mouth off the floor, we put her hair up and she could not have been more cute. I loved to see her trot around with her two little, pixy, curly cues bouncing right along. Laurie wore them all that night and the next day.

And hasn't worn them since. Sigh. Like the wind; her preferences are here today and gone tomorrow.



































No comments: