Will, Laurie, and I took a family vacation down to Perdido Beach last weekend. I wasn't sure what to expect, last year was something of a success, but I don't believe 9 month old Laurie was savy enough to really "get" the beach. I was really hoping 15 month old Laurie took to it like a fish to water.
Our first day, Laurie was happily toddling on the beach, enjoying the sand, until a tiny little wave touched her feet, I wasn't sure we would ever recover. Might have made for a long vacation. Each trip down, it took her a good 5 minutes to warm back up to the sand and the waves. She generally was happy on the beach for 1 hour trips. Longer than that, Laurie wanted the sand out of her mouth and a surface that was easier to walk on. She entirely rejected the pool.
Being married to a Barbour, I can appreciate that the 2T hat we bought for her last year is really snug on her 15 month old noggin. :)



1 comment:
The world is her sandbox.
Totally jealous of your beach vacation.
Post a Comment